Call for Proposal, CSC Senior Project
Thank you for visiting this page! Hopefully it will provide enough information about our Computer Science Senior Project (CSC190/191) and help you submit a project idea. If you need more information, please contact Dr. Jingwei Yang, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Senior Project (CSC190/191) is a two-course sequence in which student teams undertake a project to develop and deliver a software product for real-world clients. For example, teams in CSC190 Spring2021 will start their projects in Spring2021, and will deliver the products by the end of CSC191 Fall2021.
What to expect as a client?
- A industry-grade product delivered, free of development cost, by the end of CSC191 (2nd semester of Senior Project).
- Constant involvement into project planning, product design, implementation, testing, deployment (usually meeting with the team bi-weekly).
- Overseeing the progress of the project, if desired.
- Ownership of the final product, if desired.
Who can be our client?
- A commercial/non-profit/public sector who would like to get our students involved into their projects.
- A professor who has a prototype or system to be developed for his/her project.
- A campus office who is looking for an IT solution to simplify their workflow.
- A freelancer who would like to try out his/her "start-up" ideas.
- (and more...)
What can we build/provide?
- A stand-alone desktop application.
- A traditional website with a front-end user interface and a back-end database.
- A mobile app.
- A cloud-based solution (if all necessary resources are provided by client).
- Any of the above-mentioned application/solution with add-on features such as voice input, image recognition, data visualization, etc.
- (and we are open to new ideas/challenges too...)
- Please check out our previous projects via:
What do we get?
- Project experience with real-world clients, which will lead to our student success in their professional career.
- Opportunities to collaborate more with the industry, and align our curriculum with the most current demands.
- Opportunities to give back to our community, and fulfill our mission as an anchor university in the Sacramento area.
- Opportunities to cultivate and incubate future leaders to serve the industry and our community.
- A win-win outcome for both our clients and students.
How to become our client?
- If you are interested and would like to contribute to our Senior Project, please fill out this survey: Link to our survey.
- Then, our teams who are interested in your project will reach out to you, and you will have a chance to pick up to 2 teams to work on your project.
Last updated by J.Yang, 11/20/2020